Images and brands are for information purposes only; available models and configurations may differ.
Excavator rental includes 1-bucket. Rental includes up to 8 hours of meter use in a 24-hour time period. A $250.00 security deposit is required at reservation or check-out. Fuel charges additional.
Delivery Available. See Delivery and Setup Rates.
Bobcat Mini-Excavator 331
It's easy to see why the powerful Bobcat® 331 is so popular. With a 40-hp. liquid-cooled diesel engine, it's the right size for a variety of digging jobs, from water lines to swimming pools. You can swing the house while you're also raising the boom, extending the dipper and dumping the bucket. Talk about speed and efficiency! The 331 features the fastest cycle times in its class. You can equip this 7,020-lb. machine with attachments to do a variety of other work, too—a grapple to handle bulky material, like landscaping stones; a clamp to move tree stumps; several different sizes of hydraulic breakers to demolish structures; a grading bucket to finish a site; a plate compactor to compact trenches and a ripper to tear up hard and frozen ground. To top it off, the exclusive Bobcat X-Change system makes changing attachments a breeze.
Product Description 430 ZHS
- 10-ft., 1-in. (3082 mm) digging depth
- 15-ft., 11-in. (4853 mm) reach at ground level
- 7,000-lbf. (31136 N) bucket breakout force
- Contoured joysticks minimize fatigue
The Bobcat® 430 is the first to feature the FastTrack drive system and zero house swing (ZHS). These new excavators will help improve operators' speed and efficiency on the job--while providing unmatched travel speed.
Product Specifications (Specifications may change due to continuous product development)
Engine Make: Kubota
Engine Model: V2203-M-DI
Engine Fuel: Diesel
Engine Cooling: Liquid
Number of Cylinders: 4
Horsepower (SAE NET): 42.80 HP (31.90 kW)
Displacement: 134 cubic in (2196 m3)
Fuel Tank: 17.80 gal (67.40 L)
Backhoe Max Dump Height: n/a
Maximum Dig Depth: 120.70 in (3066 mm)
Maximum Reach at Ground Level: 200.70 in
Operating Weight: 8005 lbs (3631 kg)
Travel Speed - Low: 2.60 mph (4.20 kmh)
Travel Speed - High: 5 mph (8 kmh)
Number of Hydraulic Pumps: n/a
Pump Type: Piston with pressure compensating, load sensing and torque limiter controls
Pump Capacity: 29.72 GPM (112.50 L/min)
Max Auxiliary Flow: n/a
Fuel Tank: 17.80 gal (67.40 L)
Hydraulic Reservoir: 14.30 gal (54.20 L)
Track Width: 12.60 in (320 mm)
Ground Pressure w canopy: 4.11 psi (28.40 kPa)
Single Swing Speed: 8.60 RPM
Swing Clearance, Rear: n/a
Boom Swing - Left: 90 deg
Boom Swing - Right: 50 deg
Blade Width: 70.10 in (1780 mm)
Blade Height: 14.90 in (378 mm)
Maximum Blade Lift (Above Ground): 16 in (405 mm)
Maximum Blade Drop (Below Grade): 21 in (534 mm)
Failure to follow warnings or instructions can cause serious injury or death.
- The Operation and Maintenance Manual, Operator's Handbook, safety manual and machine signs (decals) provide proper operation and maintenance instructions. Study these documents and decals before operating your mini-excavator. Know your machine!
- Always check the service schedule included on the machine. Your rented mini-excavator has gone through a thorough "Rental-Ready" maintenance procedure, but you should always double check fluid levels before operating your machine. Unless you have made specific arrangements with your local rental company, NEVER perform maintenance on a rented machine. Call your rental dealer with any maintenance questions. Check for leaks, broken or damaged parts before operating.
- Never smoke when fueling
Always fasten seat belt snugly for restraint and lower the control console.
Wear proper clothing and use personal protection equipment as required for the job.
Service and repair work should be done only by qualified service personnel.
Know the Worksite
- Call local utilities before you dig: 1-888-258-0808 (National Referral No.) or see: U.S. & Canada Underground Utility Locater Numbers for your state or provincial number. Know the location of underground gas, water and electrical lines.
- Inspect work area for holes, drop-offs or unstable ground.
- Know the weight limitations of operating surfaces and clearances.
Changing and Using AttachmentsMake sure attachment is securely fastened to excavator.
The attachment signs (decals) and Operator's Handbook provide operating and maintenance instructions. Failure to follow warnings and instructions can cause serious injury or death.
Use only approved attachments for the compact excavator.
- Start excavator with steering levers and hydraulic controls in neutral. Keep bystanders away.
- Move steering levers and pedals smoothly. If your mini-excavator has a hydrostatic drive, be aware. Hydrostatic drive systems are responsive. Excavator will move immediately when controls are activated. Check blade location before moving travel control levers or pedals. Excavator will move in the direction of the blade when steering levers are moved away from the operator.
- Keep your attachment low when traveling.
- Never carry riders.
- Do not exceed the rated lift capacity. Read and understand the load rating chart on the excavator.
Keep bystanders away from the maximum swing area. Never lift a load over another bystander.
- Always look in the direction of travel before moving the excavator or rotating the house swing (slew).
- Keep bystanders away from the work area.
- Do not swing loads on a slope. Swing loads low and slowly. Do not travel across slopes which are more than 15 degrees to the side or to the back of the machine, or 25 degrees to the front. Keep boom centered.
Keep hands and feet on controls or footrests.
- Never operate excavator's controls from the ground
- Always sit in the operator's seat when activating the controls.
Getting On and Off Safely
Before leaving the excavator:
- Lower the attachment to the ground.
- Stop the engine.
- Remove the key to prevent unauthorized starting.
- Use the grab-handles, track and skid-resistant surfaces when getting on or off the excavator
- Do not jump off the excavator.
Transporting the Excavator and Attachment
- Always drive up the ramp with heavy end uphill (boom, dipper, etc.)
- Engage swing lock and secure excavator and attachments using tie-downs and chains. Use towing vehicle and trailer of adequate capacity.
- Product Brochure
In order to view the downloadable files, you will need Acrobat Reader. If you don't have it on your computer, you can download it free from the Adobe web site.
- Product Information
Clicking on any of the above links will open a new browser window and direct you to independently managed World Wide Web Sites which are not affiliated with Anderson Rentals. While every effort has been made to evaluate the sites to which we link, we cannot control the content that may appear on these or related links.