Delivery and Pick-up, Set-up, Repair, Shipping and other services are available. Please contact office to arrange for these services if needed.
Anderson Rentals Inc. adheres to the American Rental Association's Code of Ethics.
AMERICAN RENTAL ASSOCIATION CODE OF ETHICS:
Be it known to all that the Association, and the Rental Association of Canada, their officers and members, encourage the following standards of conduct throughout the rental industry:
WE BELIEVE that our integrity and reputation are based on our earnest desire to provide an honorable and useful service to our customers and the community in which we live.
WE ENDEAVOR to protect the rights and privileges of all those we serve and to preserve the system of free enterprise.
WE STRIVE to maintain a neat and orderly place of business that will be inviting to our customers and adequate to supply the type of service our customers expect and are entitled to receive.
WE ACCEPT the responsibility of maintaining our inventory in a condition that will reasonably assure our customers of a large measure of satisfactory service and user safety.
WE DEDICATE ourselves to the responsibility of soliciting business in an ethical manner and in accordance with widely accepted good business practices.
WE RESOLVE to share through communication and cooperation our experiences and knowledge to further the betterment of the rental industry.
WE ATTEMPT to price our products and service in a manner that will return a reasonable profit to our business and yet make it economical as well as convenient for our customers to take advantage of renting.
WE AGREE to cooperate with our suppliers and manufacturers and to pursue with professional zeal the dissemination of, the entire rental industry.
1. TITLE AND OWNERSHIP: The equipment is the sole and exclusive property of Anderson Rentals Inc. The customer agrees that it will not remove or cover any notice of ownership of the equipment such as an identifying stencil, plate or other marking.
2. TIME OF RETURN: The customer right of possession terminates on the expiration of the rental period and retention of possession after this time constitutes a material breach of the rental contract. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE in rental agreements. Any extension must be mutually agreed upon writing.
3. RETURN OF EQUIPMENT: at the termination of the rental contract, the customer shall return all the equipment to Anderson Rentals' premises during its normal business hours, in the condition and repair as when delivered to customer. The customer is liable of all damages to or loss of the equipment occurring because it was not returned within Anderson Rentals' regular business hours.
4. CLEANING: China, Glassware, and Flatware must be returned completely rinsed and dried and repacked properly in boxes provided or additional charges will be assessed. special cleaning deposits may be charged on BBQ grills and Cooking Equipment.
5. LINEN: Table linens are inspected prior to pick up and upon return. DO NOT ROLL UP OR PLACE WET LINENS IN ANY BAG - mildew will result. If there is obvious damage, customer will be charged the cost of the linen and keep same as though it were a sale.
6. DIRTY OR DAMAGED EQUIPMENT: the customer will pay for any damage to rented equipment regardless of cause, except reasonable wear and tear, while equipment is out of possession of Anderson Rentals.
7. THEFT OF EQUIPMENT: The customer will pay for equipment (at replacement cost) for all types of theft or mysterious disappearance.
8. LOADING AND UNLOADING: Anderson Rentals is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury sustained while equipment is being loaded in or out of customers' vehicles. If Anderson Rentals' employees assist in such operation, the customer assumes the full risk of any such damage or injury.
Minimum rates are the lowest rate available for a particular type of equipment regardless of actual time out. The period minimum rates cover is NOT the same on all equipment. Minimum rates can be as short as a few hours (i.e. lawnmowers) to weeks (i.e. scaffolding).
Minimum rates are designed to cover basic cost levels, but more importantly are the recommended time allocation you should make for the project. Minimum periods are designed to cover the estimated time needed to complete a typical job safely for a particular piece of equipment. Rushing can lead to injury, equipment or property damages, and inferior results. Minimum rates covers wear and tear costs on equipment; including maintenance servicing, administration and overhead.
We charge for all time equipment is out; including weekends, holidays, and non-operating hours, but can often accommodate customer scheduling issues if addressed in advance. Often arrangements can be made, to pick-up item for use on a legal holiday after 4 p.m. the day before and returned by 8 a.m. the day after, for a one day rate. Special event orders can often be picked up a day ahead of the event and returned the day after the event for a one day charge. These period adjustments are not automatic, and must be made in advance to avoid overtime charges.
Adjustments for travel time is already included in our rate structures and is not normally considered an excuse for avoiding overtime charges. Likewise, rate adjustments are usually not made for unused equipment or unsuitable equipment choices. Adjustments for rain and other uncontrollable events are on a case-by-case basis; contact us immediately with all return problems (785) 843-2044.Customer should notify us if they want to keep equipment beyond its due time.
Here are some examples:
are having problems then call us (785-843-2044);
after hours email customer
service so we can address your
problem as quickly as possible, then follow-up by calling store at
opening. Mechanical or technical support is available and we can often
solve many problems over the phone. Occasionally, equipment breakdowns
occur. Equipment exchanges or store credit will be issued in these
cases. This policy does not apply to improperly used or operated
equipment, or issues not timely reported.
this is prohibited due to safety and cost issues. The
late return fee we have to charge to retain adequate staff (at
overtime) and to safely maintain services after hours or before hours
returns is almost always more than the overtime rental charge. We can
almost always figure-out solutions to minor scheduling difficulties if
they are presented in advance, but if applicable late fees will be
added to rental invoices and are due even if the charge is not
disclosed or collected on return of the equipment.
Yes, reservations are available on most non-hourly equipment. Reservations are required for most special event items i.e. linen and dishes. Reservations can be made on-line, by phone, or in person. Reservations are not guarantees of equipment availability. Although, we make every effort to not overbook equipment, equipment can become unavailable due to breakage, or prior renters late return. Hourly equipments availability can be confirmed by phone and held till pick up. Additionally, waiting-lists are available; we will be happy to notify and hold equipment for you as it becomes available.
charges may apply. On special event orders a 50% cancellation charge
will apply to cancellations less than 72 hours preceding rental. In
general, cancellation charges of up to 100% will apply on reservations
where customers were turned away because equipment was being held.
accept cash, check, debit cards, and most major credit cards. Charge
accounts are available with approved credit application.
is available; see service rates for current charges.
equipments use is determined by a meter in addition to a time period.
Meters can be hourly meter on equipment itself like in the case of
tractors; where rental rates includes 8 hours of operation (engine
meter) in a 24 hour period of time. Diamond blades and grinding stones
use is determined by a wear meter. Zone meters on portable restrooms
are based on mileage from store location - odometer.
Insurance damage waiver is a common surcharge in the rental industry
that provides non-elective insurance coverage on rented equipment. This
practice is often unnecessary duplicate coverage as many contractors
umbrella coverage includes rented equipment. In addition, there is
common misunderstandings, between renter and insurance carrier, on what
claims are covered; damage waiver typically doesn’t cover
misuse, negligence (or stupidity) and other disputes on equipment.
Because of these issues we do not offer DWI. Damages and loss of rented
equipment is customer’s responsibility (see rental policies).
Customer should contact their own insurance vendors if coverage on
rental insurance is desired. Proof of insurance is required on credit
Yes, purchase quotes are available on new or used equipment. Special orders are also available. See “!!! Sale Specials !!!” for our current great buys. Prior agreement is required for any rental charges to be applied to purchase.
also have a full line of supplies and accessories; shipping and
delivery options available.
some types of equipment deposits are required. Deposits must be either
cash or credit card.